Phong nha cave is a prod of Vietnamese about a wonderful destination – a natural world heritage site. It known as name Phong Nha Ke Bang that belong to Ke bang limestone mountains in Quang Binh province. It localted in the south of Ha Noi about 300 km or go to from Hue to Phong Nha 220 km.
Phong Nha-Ke Bang area is famous for its cave and grotto systems as it is composed of 300 caves and grottos, of which only 20 have been surveyed by Vietnamese and British scientists; 17 of these are in located in the Phong Nha area and three in the Ke Bang area. Until now 2017, Phong Nha Cave holds several world cave records, as it has the longest underground river, as well as the largest caverns and passageways.
The national park Phong Nha Ke Bang derives its name from Ke Bang forest and Phong Nha cave – the most beautiful of all, containing many fascinating rock formations, look like a lion, frog or Buddha statue.
The plateau on which the national park is situated is probably one of the finest and most distinctive examples of a complex karst landform in Southeast Asia.
The first point of interest in Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is the romantic river – Son River, Xuan Son ferry historic. Especially the second beautiful landscape is Phong Nha cave, Tien Son cave. Discovered and exploited tourism from quite early, but so far these two caves still retain its natural beauty and fanciful.
If you want stay here, you can book Phong Nha day trip from Hue or private car from Hue to Phong Nha Services, stay 1 night at Son Trach village, next day catch a taxi to Dong Hoi station and go to the north. In Phong Nha town, it have many prestigious restaurants, affordable prices for you to choose.
Phong Nha downtown is extremely bustling with many fun services such as bar, billiards, western restaurants. Foreigners stay here a lot so the evening is often fun. If you want to eat west there are many options here. To get special categories you can find for the users here. As Huong Giang, Phuong Nam, Thu Hue, Vung Hue, is located in the center. Price, you rest assured, I checked all of this cafe.
The tourist spots in Phong Nha – Ke Bang are heavily influenced by the weather. So you have to choose the appropriate time, study the weather the time you intend to travel. The best tourist season in Phong Nha is between mid-February and the end of September, the weather is nice and we can join boat trip on Son river and enter inside Phong Nha cave visit wet cave. In The Summer (from May to August) most suitable to experience the tourist destination but this season is very crowded. If tourism in the low season is good, as long as there is no heavy rain or flood in Quang Binh.
The points of Chay Cave, Spring Stream, Phong Nha cave are affected when heavy rain. At this time the river water rises and can not participate in full activities because of flood
Before you plan to travel in Quang Binh, please call ahead to know about the weather.
Phong Nha Ke Bang Tourism with many forms of experience very new and unique. Preparations for the journey decide the success of the tour of the delegation.
When traveling to Phong Nha you should bring the most needed items for exploring caves. As comfortable outfit, walking shoes or low trekking, head cap. Costumes for the Deep-Sea Night or Suoi Mooc. Swimwear, bath towels, mosquito-repellent essence. For safety equipment, photographic equipment should have waterproofing tools, and safety straps.
Do not forget to bring some fever-reducing medicines or flu to prevent it. The weather here in some seasons can be wet and very sick. How to get there:
From hue to Phong Nha
- By private car: 220 km from Hue to Phong Nha town, it takes us around 3,5 – 4 hours for driving. This is the best way to go, and you can chose time departure.
- By local bus: you can catch local bus at the north bus station (Bến xe phía Bắc), it have 2 buses, depart around 8h30 and 13h30. Price from 220.000 vnd. You will be drop off Nam Ly bus station, and have to catch taxi or local bus to Phong Nha town. Price from 60.000 vnd/ bus and 500.000 vnd/ taxi meter
- By open bus: the sleeping bus depart from hue at 17h00 and you arrive Phong Nha at 21h00. They will stop at Easy Tiger hostel. Price from 250.000 vnd
From Ha Noi to Phong Nha
- If you travel from the north, you can catch bus from Ninh Binh or Ha Noi. They pick you at Ha Noi 6h00 pm and arrive Phong Nha town at 4h00 am.
- Other way is flight from Ha Noi, you can book ticket with Vietnam airline from Ha Noi or Vietjet air from HCM city.
- If you arrive Quang Binh by train, you book ticket at dsvn.vn (the official website of VN railway staion), drop off Dong Hoi station. Then catch taxi or bus to Phong Nha town